Heritage Christian School is a non-denominational, evangelical Christian school for parents who are genuine believers in Jesus Christ. Heritage has an enrollment of approximately 225 students and is accredited in grades Kindergarten through twelve by the AdvanED and the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI), of which it has been an accredited member since 1994.
Our guiding vision is to raise up a generation "whose God is the Lord” by instilling in the hearts and minds of our students a passionate and holy fear of the Lord. This being the case, we aim to provide thorough biblical instruction that relates to the whole of life in a learning environment that it is safe, secure, and conditioned by His word.
Heritage Christian School recognizes that the Lord’s command to love Him with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength is not limited to religious instruction. In fulfilling Christ’s command, we teach children to think biblically when studying math, science, English, art, music, history, or when exercising their bodies. Clear, consistent enforcement of school policies, parental involvement, and clean, modern facilities contribute to making the school a place where students feel loved and accepted and which gives glory to God.
Why Christian Education
Scripture makes it clear that parents, not the church or the state, are responsible for the instruction of their children and that it is to be God-centered. Parents are to bring their children up in the nurture and the admonition of the Lord…to teach them when they sit, when they walk along the road, and when they lie down and get up.
The godly instruction of our children is a God-given mandate for parents that cannot be delegated to people without faith in Jesus Christ or an understanding of His word. It is a continuous and ongoing responsibility—not just through the fourth grade or the sixth grade. Parents are to train up a child in the way he should go—until he is trained—and when he is old he will not to depart from it.
Christian education is true. Jesus Christ is the way and the truth and the life. Any educational pursuit without Christ as its source of truth is less than true. The full truth of any subject—whether art, music, science, history, or economics—cannot be taught if God is ignored, denied, or marginalized as having only personal or private relevance.
The stakes are high in the battle for our children’s hearts and minds. Studies continue to show that Christian young people are abandoning their faith at an alarming rate. Today’s Christian youth often hold a wrong view of Christianity, fail to make a true connection in their faith, and are unable to think critically about Christianity.
Christian education which emphasizes a biblical worldview prepares young people who can reason and relate issues of life to the doctrinal foundation of the Christian faith. More than 60% of students enrolled in Christian worldview schools will continue to hold a biblical theistic perspective.
Heritage Christian School places pre-eminence on God’s word and the transforming gospel of salvation through Jesus Christ. In today’s age, where Christians are less theologically literate, less likely to share their faith, less dogmatic about moral absolutes, and less likely to identify Christianity’s contributions to western civilization, Christian education isn’t just an alternative, it is a necessity.
Faculty and Staff
|Alvarez, Rupert||Athletic Director/PE Teacher||406-587-9311|
|Bachmeier, Christine||Kindergarten Teacher|
|Blackmore, Kyle||Technical Support|
|Espinosa, Joseph||Custodian||406-587-9311 ext. 227|
|Maintenance||406-587-9311 ext. 227|
|Gillis, Rick||Secondary Teacher||406-587-9311|
|Goede, Gerry||Administrator/Secondary Teacher||406-587-9311 ext. 202|
|Gossack, Ray||Secondary Teacher||406-587-9311 ext. 223|
|Heupel, Karri||Secondary Teacher, Volleyball Coach||406-587-9311|
|Heys, Landa||Spanish Lat Teacher||406-587-9311|
|Kaufmann, Debbie||Substitute||406-587-9311 ext. 213|
|Kemp, Jesse||Secondary Teacher/Secondary Dean||406-587-9311|
|Kneeland, Linda||Secondary Teacher||406-587-9311|
|Mlinek, Virginia||Art Teacher||406-587-9311 ext. 208|
|Pre Kinder Aide|
|Nuss, Michelle||Financial Administrator||406-587-9311 ext. 204|
|Ortman, Dustin||5th Grade Teacher|
|Rasmussen, Allie||Secondary Teacher/Office Assistant||406-587-9311 ext. 201|
|Rasmussen, John||Teacher||406-587-9311 ext. 224|
|Schaumloeffel, Nancie||3rd Grade Teacher|
|Shaw, Sara||1st Grade Teacher||406-587-9311 ext. 213|
|Stafford, Michele||Food Services Manager||406-587-9311|
|Stutterheim, Tricia||6th Grade Teacher||406-587-9311 ext. 216|
|Swanson, Stephanie||2nd Grade Teacher/Elementary Dean||406-587-9311 ext. 212|
|CEO platforMTwo, Inc. and Board President||406-599-4510|
|Tofslie, Wayne||Secondary Teacher||406-587-9311 ext. 222|
|Van Eps, Lori||Pre Kindergarten Teacher||406-587-9311|
|Walker, Sandy||Office Manager||406-587-9311 ext. 207|
|Webb, Trevor||4th Grade Teacher|
|Wielenga, Dan||Secondary Teacher||406-586-3585|
|Wielenga, Kimberly||Choir/Band Teacher||406-587-9311|
The mission of Heritage Christian School is to educate students by integrating academic excellence with a biblical worldview, helping Christian families to impact the world for Christ.
In educating students with a biblical worldview…
Heritage Christian School provides an education that is grounded in academic excellence and is thoroughly and distinctively Christian, challenging each student to grow in Christ-likeness in all areas of their life. It is our goal through teaching and training to prepare students to function as individuals who can reason and relate all issues of life to the doctrinal foundation of the Christian faith.
To impact the world for Christ…
As a school in partnership with the home, Heritage Christian School strives to equip its students with the tools to develop a Christian world and life view that they may mature spiritually, mentally, socially, and physically in accordance with God's design and impact their sphere of influence for Christ.
Statement of Faith
The following truths are held in common agreement at Heritage Christian School:
- There is one God, who is infinitely perfect, existing eternally in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Isaiah 43:10, 44:8; John 1:1-3, 3:16; II Corinthians 13:14)
- Jesus Christ is true God and true Man. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He died upon the cross, the Just for the unjust, as a substitutionary sacrifice. All who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood. He arose from the dead according to the Scriptures. He is now at the right hand of Majesty on High as our Great Priest. (Matthew 1:18, 23; Isaiah 53:5; Titus 2:14; Hebrews 7:25; Romans 3:24-25; Matthew 28:6; John 20:9; Hebrews 4:14)
- The Holy Spirit is a divine Person, sent to indwell, guide, teach, and empower the believer, and convince the world of sin, of righteousness and of judgment. (John 14:16-17; Acts 1:5,8; Galatians 5:16, 25)
- The Old and New Testaments, inerrant and infallible as originally given, were verbally inspired by God and are a complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men. The Bible constitutes the divine and only rule of Christian faith and practice. (II Timothy 3:16, 17; II Peter 1:19-21; John 5:39; Matthew 24:35; Psalm 119:89)
- Man was originally created in the image and likeness of God; he fell through disobedience, incurring thereby both physical and spiritual death. All men are born with a sinful nature, are separated from the life of God, and can be saved only through the atoning work of the Lord Jesus Christ. (Genesis 1:27; Romans 3:23; Psalm 51:5; Romans 5:12, 15-19)
- Salvation has been provided through Jesus Christ for all men; and those who repent and believe in Him, accepting Him as personal Lord and Savior, are born again of the Holy Spirit, receive the gift of eternal life, and become children of God. (Romans 5:1-2, 6:23, 8:1; John 6:47; Ephesians 2:13; John 3:16)
- The Church consists of all those who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, are redeemed through His blood, and are born again of the Holy Spirit. Christ is the Head of the Body, the Church, which has been commissioned by Him to go into all the world as a witness, preaching the gospel to all nations. The local church is a body of believers in Christ who are joined together for the worship of God, for edification through the Word of God, for prayer, fellowship, the proclamation of the Gospel, and observance of the ordinances of baptism and the Lord’s Supper. (Romans 6:4, 12:5; Acts 2:47; I Corinthians 11:26, 28,12:12-27; Matthew 28:19-20; Psalm 111:1; Hebrews 10:24-25; Acts 2:41)
- There shall be a bodily resurrection of the just and of the unjust; for the former, a resurrection unto life; for the latter, a resurrection unto judgment. (Revelation 7:15-17; I Corinthians 2:9; Matthew 13:41-42, 25:41; Revelation 20:10,15)
- The second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ is imminent and will be personal and visible. This is the believer’s blessed hope and is a vital truth, which is an incentive to holy living and faithful service. (I Thessalonians 4:16-17; Titus 2:12-13; Hebrews 9:28)
2020-21 HCS Academic Calendar